Recently, we had the opportunity to feature some of our flowers and decorative items at the Lovesick Wedding Expo held at the Music Hall of Williamsburg. This was our third year attending and the experience, as in prior years, was such a pleasure.
We met lots of couples who will be getting married this year and some who are even planning their 2015 nuptials!
For the expo, we put together several different types of arrangements: bouquets, centerpieces, bud vases, wreaths, bouts, etc. We draped an arch with lemon leaf and hung mirrored glass votive holders. A DIY antiqued mirror and silk taffeta table cloth overlay spruced up the overall display.
To go with something a bit different, we chose a darker “berry toned” color scheme which included blooms in shades of purple, pink, plum, blush pink and peach. They were accented with plump berries and delicate umbrella ferns.
During conversations with couples attending the Lovesick Expo, there were a couple of questions repeatedly asked. What makes Rosehip Floral so special? Why should an engaged couple choose to work with Rosehip Floral? The paragraphs that follow outline what we consider to be our strengths and, hopefully, the reasons you will allow us to help make your wedding day perfectly lovely and the best it can be!
Experience and Education
- Our educational background includes the New York Flower School and the New York Botanical Garden’s Floral Design Program. We’ve freelanced for other flower and event decorating companies and have the experience of 100+ weddings under our belt. Because of these experiences, we understand the critical roles timing, logistics and accommodation play to insure that things will go smoothly and everyone will work well together. We are skilled regarding set-up timing, delivery schedules, coordination with venue personnel and other vendors, and accounting for seasonal factors that might call for adjustments and back-up plans.
- Our flower arrangements are different and have style. We work to create unique, interesting and textured arrangements that fall between “English garden” and “urban rustic”. Each wedding floral design plan is completely customized, based on the client’s vision and inspiration. Your flowers will arrive on time and look beautiful and fresh throughout the day.
Consultation and Communication
- In an attempt to choose the overall design (the ‘look’ and ‘feel’) for your wedding event, you may be overwhelmed by all the inspiring pins and blog pics from your search. Fear not, during our chat we can help you streamline these ideas and inspirations and suggests additional options so that your final choices go well together and reflect you.
- We stay in touch with our clients throughout their wedding planning and are ready to provide help should they need to make changes or modifications to the initial plan. Although we are not wedding planners, we have been ‘attending’ weddings for years and can offer advice about what seems to work best. Candles for your cocktail hour? Ceremony location? Contents for a welcome bag or bathroom care package? We’re there to help, so just ask.
- We are sensitive to the fact that your budget is an important consideration. The prices we charge depend on the type of flowers you select (high-end vs. mid-range vs. economical), the size and complexity of the arrangement and the vase. We don’t have a minimum budget requirement, only an order size minimum of 5 floral arrangements.
- If your dream look is a budget buster, we will work with you to modify your plan without compromising the key design elements. Our proposal quotes are detailed, so there are no mystery or surprise.
Bonus Florist Services
- At Rosehip, our services are not limited to just making the floral arrangements. We also build chuppas and arches, make display boxes, design displays for place cards, paint signage, print table numbers, and customize tablescapes. We can source vases, boxes and decorative details at flea markets and antique shops. When working with us, you can be assured that if you forgot or ran out of time to make that welcoming sign or print and frame those family photos, we will be available to help. We want your wedding to be a complete success and will make every effort we can to see that it is!
- We’re also always open to helping you with the DIY projects if you just need help with set-up. Or if you love flea market and antique shop shopping, and would love to supply your own vases, gift boxes, or place card display…we’re always more than happy to give you a bit of guidance and we’re open to using whatever you’d like.
We want your wedding to look good as much as you do, so whatever it takes!